Chris is a National and International Level Agility competitor and has represented the United States 6 times overseas at World Championship Events. Chris is a silver and bronze world medalist with Border Collies Bratska and Jungle. A natural athlete and (retired) semi-professional hockey player, Chris has been training and competing in agility since 2007. Having coached in the junior hockey leagues for more than 8 years, Chris prides himself in developing determination and skill in the junior athlete. Not unlike new agility teams and young dogs, Chris believes building confidence in his students is the key to having great success and trust in their teamwork.
Chris’ love of agility, dogs and teaching shows in his attention to each student and his ability to bring out his student’s best performances. With his easy-going nature, Chris teaches his students with patience and understanding and stresses the importance of great mechanics.
Chris structures his teaching with clear, straightforward instruction that enable each student to learn at his/her own pace while pushing you to work outside of your comfort zone. He will not let his students get away with mediocre handling & mechanics. Chris teaches with positive reinforcement techniques utilizing a motion based handling system. Chris is able to adapt his training to tailor to individual student needs and physical abilities, which allows everyone to progress at their own pace.
Chris took to the performance sport of dog agility with an expertise in movement. Using the dog’s natural instincts, Chris maximizes his handling skills with clear handling cues that the dog easily understands. Chris credits his wife, Kris Seiter, for his vast accomplishments in the sport as his trainer, coach, mentor and agility partner for the last 10 years.
Chris is a popular instructor and seminar presenter and gives seminars throughout the Unites States and Canada. He is a UKI & USDAA judge and frequently trains with the best agility trainers/handlers in the world.
Chris co-owns Sun Coast Agility with his wife in Naples, Florida and is a partner in Bratty Paws Dog Plex, a 13,000 sf indoor training center in Punta Gorda, Florida.
Accomplishments in Agility – 2018
* 2018 IFCS Silver Medal ~ Jungle 20"
* 2018 IFCS Team USA Member ~ Bratska & Jungle 20"
* 2018 WAO Team USA Member ~ Bratska 20" and Jungle 24"
Accomplishments in Agility – 2017
* 2017 UKI US OPEN National Champion 24" ~ Jungle
* 2017 UKI US Open Speedstakes Finals Champion 24" ~ Jungle
* 2017 UKI US Open Master Series Final 2nd Place 20" ~ Bratska
* 2017 World Team Member (Bratska) and Alternate (Jungle) - 20" Division
* 2017 1ST Place Overall Winner 20" Division UKI SE CUP ~ Bratska
* 2017 2nd Place Overall Winner 20" Division UKI SE CUP~ Jungle
* 2017 1st Place Overall Triathlon Winner 22" Mid-Atlantic Showcase ~ Jungle
* 2017 1st Place Overall Triathlon Winner 20" Mid-Atlantic Showcase ~ Bratska
* 2017 1st Place Round 1 and 2 Steeplechase Champion 20" Mid-Atlantic Showcase ~ Bratska
* 2017 1st Place Steeplechase Champion 22" Mid-Atlantic Showcase ~ Jungle
* 2017 1st Place Overall Winner 24" Division UKI NE CUP ~ Jungle
Accomplishments in Agility – 2016
* 2016 8th Place Team Finals – BCC, Uden, Netherlands ~ Bratska
* 2016 NE Regional Steeplechase Champion ~ Jungle (22” Division)
* 2016 NE Regional Biathlon Bronze Medalist ~ Jungle (22” Division)
* 2016 IFCS World Agility Championships, Laag Soeren, Netherlands
Bratska Jumpers and Snooker 5th place 22” division
* 2016 European Open USA Team Member, Houdain, France
Bratska (Jungle ~ Alternate)
* 2016 World Agility Open, USA Team Member, Addington, England
Bratska (Bronze Medalist Gamblers)
*2016 World Team Selection Event IFCS Bratska 5th Place Overall
Accomplishments in Agility – 2014 / 2015
* 2015 US OPEN Master Series Gold Medalist
* 2015 Cynosport World Games Biathlon Silver Medalist
* 2015 European Open, USA Team Member, Rieden, Germany
* 2015 SE Regional Grand Prix Champion
* 2015 Mid-Atlantic Showcase Triathlon & Biathlon Silver Medalist
* 2014 US Open Games Gold Medalist ~ Flame
* UKI & USDAA Judge